Brunei Geek Blog

News & Updates regarding local IT Development.

Friday, June 16, 2006

MasterCard For Everyone?

Few days ago, I saw a great news on the newspaper, something which I had been waiting for as long as I am exposed to Internet, a Baiduri MasterCard Cash Card.

What's so great about it? Well, it's the only online acceptable card I can apply for, at least the only one for the time being.

To own the card, you just need to be at least 12 years old, and NO minimum income requirement(all other cards, those which bear the MasterCard and VISA logos, has a minimum income requirement, which means I can get one YET!), and you don't even need to hold a Baiduri Bank account, cool huh? The requirement to own this card is much like those of the Baiduri MTV Debit Card(I hate that card!), which means I am kind of sure that I can get one, pretty soon, hehe.

Well, this time, I hope it's really acceptable online, LoL! I was kind of 'tricked' years ago, when I was told by those Baiduri staffs that the stupid MTV Debit Card works like a MasterCard credit card, and is acceptable at places where the MasterCard logo is display. However, when I go into the details of the policy later, I notice that it's only acceptable at places where the "MasterCard ELECTRONIC" logo is displayed, hell, not even one online merchant accept that! I wasted 15 or 25 bucks, I forgot, to get that stupid card and didn't even use it for more than thrice, hell. So I hope it's really a MASTERCARD only this time.

If it's really a MasterCard, online purchases would be widely available in Brunei, not only to those adults who actually owned a credit card, but also to those students and new generation(like me!) in Brunei! That's a real good news people. Another great thing is that, it's NOT a credit card. It's a prepaid CashCard, which works much like a debit card. You top up your card, and you are allowed to spent up to whatever amount you have in it. The policy stated that the daily limit is BND10,000 or the balance in your card, so guess that's it. Now you no longer need to fear that you might get spam or cheated online, and you money would be stole! Just put some money inside, let's say 50 bucks, so even if you're cheated, you lost not more than 50bucks! Ah, that's a big reduce of online purchase risk! I like it, heh!~

And parents can even use it to issue pocket money to children! It's easy for parents to give money to overseas son. You just top it up here in Baiduri Bank branches, and your son will get whatever amount you put in at any ATM which displayed the MasterCard logo, cool huh?

Finally, here I come eBay.com, Wrapables.com, Thinkgeek.com!(my favourite online shopping websites! Read more from GorgeouStuffs!)

P.S: I can't find the MTV Debit Card section from Baiduri's website anymore, did they take it down or my mistake? Hmm, maybe they realised that it's just a junk card hence decided to stop promoting it? Hell, what stylish card, useless junk, bleh.

Updates: I found the MTV Debit Card pages here, but hmmm, why aren't it available in the "card services" navigation menu?

18 Comments:

  • At Friday, June 16, 2006 7:58:00 PM, Anonymous poli275 said…

    Good! I can start my online business soon! hehe!

     
  • At Friday, June 16, 2006 8:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    lol..i think i will use that nxt year instead..haha..and OMG..think abt how many things i could buy online..hehe..very good for ppl who love to buy silly things but lazy to shopping such as ME!!:p
    __
    rinet

     
  • At Friday, June 16, 2006 9:27:00 PM, Anonymous ChiawYee said…

    hm.. the card can only be used online?

    hehe, sounds cool thou~`..

    so really have or not de?

    i want one too~~~imagine we use the to buy foods in canteen, wow~i m thinking too much.. .lolz

     
  • At Saturday, June 17, 2006 9:49:00 AM, Blogger IngSiang said…

    Haha, I aint very sure if we can accept payment thru it tho. ^^

    Well, go wrapables.com rinet, you'll love those stuffs! Btw, prob is, very few merchant ship to Brunei, lol! Too remoted.. I think, haha. So it's better for you to get a sg or m'sia address... I am using my aunt add.. I think....

    Yeap, it's real, and I'll giv ya all more info as I get it, probably weeks or months later, depends.

    Eh sien, you can't use it to buy foods in canteen, but can use to withdraw money at the ATM machine, near to the front door of our school la. MTV card did the same too tho.

     
  • At Tuesday, January 20, 2009 6:27:00 PM, Blogger ks said…

    I have been reading your blog. I thought it's nice blog.

    reward mastercard

     
  • At Wednesday, June 10, 2009 12:17:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    have you use it?

     
  • At Wednesday, June 10, 2009 12:26:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    can you tell me how to buy the iteam at the ebay?

     
  • At Wednesday, June 10, 2009 6:17:00 PM, Blogger IngSiang said…

    I only used it for online services, to be precise, the purchase of my web host, Flickr PRO a/c and domain name. Never used it for tangible products but I am pretty sure it works.

    Personally, I never use eBay before, still trying to find a pro to teach me as well, sorry about that. =)

     
  • At Sunday, November 08, 2009 12:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

  • At Friday, December 04, 2009 5:08:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello !.
    might , perhaps curious to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
    There is no initial capital needed You may start earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

    AimTrust is what you need
    The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

    It is based in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
    Do you want to become a happy investor?
    That`s your choice That`s what you wish in the long run!

    I feel good, I started to take up income with the help of this company,
    and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a correct partner who uses your funds in a right way - that`s it!.
    I make 2G daily, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
    It`s easy to start , just click this link http://jywameso.freecities.com/ucydane.html
    and go! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money

     
  • At Tuesday, December 08, 2009 12:49:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello !.
    You re, I guess , probably very interested to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
    There is no initial capital needed You may start earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

    AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
    The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

    Its head office is in Panama with structures around the world.
    Do you want to become a happy investor?
    That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

    I`m happy and lucky, I started to take up income with the help of this company,
    and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper partner who uses your savings in a right way - that`s it!.
    I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
    It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://hinizihazu.lookseekpages.com/xotema.html
    and go! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

     
  • At Tuesday, December 08, 2009 8:35:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi !.
    might , perhaps curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
    There is no initial capital needed You may start to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

    AimTrust is what you need
    The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

    It is based in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
    Do you want to become really rich in short time?
    That`s your choice That`s what you wish in the long run!

    I`m happy and lucky, I started to get real money with the help of this company,
    and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper partner utilizes your money in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
    I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
    It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://qujomimo.jamminweb.com/hazysy.html
    and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money

     
  • At Friday, December 18, 2009 8:40:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi !.
    might , probably very interested to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
    There is no need to invest much at first. You may commense to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

    AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
    AimTrust represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

    Its head office is in Panama with affiliates around the world.
    Do you want to become a happy investor?
    That`s your chance That`s what you really need!

    I`m happy and lucky, I started to take up income with the help of this company,
    and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper partner utilizes your funds in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
    I make 2G daily, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
    It`s easy to join , just click this link http://rylohinano.builtfree.org/vaxose.html
    and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life

     
  • At Thursday, January 14, 2010 8:26:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I will not approve on it. I assume precise post. Specially the appellation attracted me to review the whole story.

     
  • At Monday, January 18, 2010 4:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.

     
  • At Monday, January 25, 2010 8:03:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good day, sun shines!
    There have were times of troubles when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
    I have never thought that there weren't any need in big initial investment.
    Nowadays, I'm happy and lucky , I started to get real money.
    It's all about how to select a proper partner who uses your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, and shares the income with me.

    You may get interested, if there are such firms? I have to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
    http://theblogmoney.com

     
  • At Tuesday, January 26, 2010 2:15:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sweater beginningde designing jnicholson banaskantha swedish stoppers cervantes contentment commencing lame
    servimundos melifermuly

     
  • At Wednesday, January 27, 2010 1:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    mmtp postcards metrixs procurement gamma thereby centers clare stray collins lobbying
    servimundos melifermuly

     

Post a Comment

<< Home