Brunei Geek Blog

News & Updates regarding local IT Development.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Outdated News : JTB to TelBru

Here's an outdated news, which I found out only an hour ago, when I was surfing on BruNet's website(the helpful links section). Well, guess it wasn't too late for the old folks in JTB to realise that they're way behind the world, hehe. I am pretty happy to see such big changes to it, even tho it happened in 1st of April and I knew it only now, gah!

Here's the introduction from their 'new' website:

1st April 2006 marked the corporatisation of Jabatan Telekom Brunei (JTB) which means the separation of service provider and regulatory functions previously held by Jabatan Telekom Brunei .

Telekom Brunei Darussalam (TelBru) as the successor company will be the service provider in delivering info-communication services and Authority for Info-communications Technology Industry of Brunei Darussalam (AiTi) is responsible to license, regulate and develop the local ICT industry and manage the national radio frequency spectrum.
Well, if I am not wrong, I think they mean that the services provider, which is TelBru(and I think BruNet is a division/department of TelBru), is now a seperated corporation, meaning that they're no longer under JTB.

It's like, TelBru is a seperated from JTB, and will continue to grow as a seperated corporation, while JTB will remain as a government ministry.

Well, I think it's a cool step ahead for Brunei ICT development, and I suppose things would be much better this way.

From what I had seen from their website, TelBru seems to be responsible for providing internet services(also know as Brunei's ISP), telephony services(excluded 2G mobile services provided by DST and 3G mobile services provided by B.Mobile), all the phone cards and net cards services, and also the radio frequency stuffs.

Well, I am still exploring their website, and they seems to surprise me quite a lot. I like the Espeed website(not sure if it's new one tho), hmm, not that bad huh?

By the way, I love the new TelBru logo, hehe, at least it's much more professional-like this time.

Guess that's all for now, stay tune people, I'll keep this post updated as soon as I have new updates or changes/mistakes to be corrected, see ya people!

Oh ya, feel like contacting me if you know more about this. ^^

Hey, did I mention that the managing director of TelBru is a chinese? Haha, he's called Song King Koi.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home